The Wedding Date:
- Is mine available? We do not post dates that are booked, however, if you email or call us we will be happy to tell you before we go further with talking about the venue.
- How many weddings will be booked that day? Only one per day
- What are the rates for different days or times (Friday, Saturday, Sunday; afternoon, evening)? We do have different fees for different days, all are listed in our contract if you want to view it.
- Is there a payment schedule? Yes, an initial deposit to hold the dates, then half the balance within 6 months and then the balance paid in full within 60 days of your event. All this is covered in our contract.
- What kind of deposits are required? $1500.00
- Are there hidden costs like a service charge, gratuity, cleaning fees, or overtime charges? We do not have service charges, gratuity, cleaning fees or overtime charges.
- What’s the cancellation policy? If you cancel the event all deposits are nonrefundable. In the event of a cancellation, if Weddings at Cabin Bluff can rebook a comparable event on the scheduled date all or a portion of the second deposit may be refunded, all at the venue’s discretion.
- What’s the last possible date that we can make changes? We will accept changes up to 30 days’ pre-event, after this time no changes need to be made.
- Do you work with specific vendor partners? We do have a list of preferred vendors.
- Do we have to use these vendors? If not, are there any other limitations on working with outside vendors? You do not have to use our preferred vendors, however, we do request a meeting with your vendor if they are not on our list and we also charge for the use of our kitchen if they need to cook onsite. If your caterer is assembling food in our kitchen there is no additional cost.
- Is there room for a band and/or dancing? Yes, inside and outside.
- Does the venue own sound equipment and speakers, or will that need to be rented? We do have equipment, if you choose to use ours there will be a fee for rental.
- Are there any noise restrictions? The only consideration we ask is for the music to be kept to an appropriate level and that the music end by 11:00 PM.
- Are there adequate bathroom facilities? Is there a coat check? There are bathroom facilities available, no coat check available.
- Is the site handicap accessible? Yes
- Is there ample parking? Will guests be charged for parking? There is ample parking and we do have staff that will assist in parking guest to insure all vehicles fit and are orderly. There is no charge to park.
- Is there a backup plan for rain or inclement weather? Our inside venue will seat 250 people in case of inclement weather. Keep in mind if you choose to move the event inside, we do require time to turn your reception.
- Are there any decoration limitations? Can we use candles? We do ask that you don’t tape anything to our walls that would leave marks, we will discuss options for putting up things that do require something to hold them in place. Candles are fine to use.
- Are there restrictions for the photographer in terms of flash usage? No
- When can my vendors arrive for setup? Your vendors are welcome to set up any time after 8:00AM on the day of your event. If your event is early in the day, we do reserve the right to change this based on the event time. We will on certain occasions let you bring in items on your rehearsal day, if there is not another wedding/event scheduled for that day or night.
- What time will my guests have to leave the venue? This would be based on the time of your event. We give you a certain amount of time within our contract.
- Who is responsible for setting up and tearing down the decor, and when will it be completed? Weddings at Cabin Bluff will set up the venue per your specifications that are given to us in advance. We will also tear down the venue, however, we will ask that all your personal items and any décor pieces that are brought in are removed before we began the tear down.
Food & Drinks:
- Is there an in-house caterer? NO, however, we do have a preferred caterer.
- Do we have to use that caterer? If not, is there a limitation on which outside caterers we can use? We do not limit our clients on who they can use for catering.
- Do you have a liquor license? NO, we do not.
- What is your pricing for alcohol? Alcholic beverages are covered in our contract.
- Will you allow us to bring our own liquor? Yes, however, there are stipulations that are covered in our contact.
- If so, is there a corkage fee? NO
- Are there any consequences for not fulfilling the food and beverage minimum? No minimums are required.
- Who will be our point person be before the wedding? We have staff that will be onsite pre and post event.
- Who will be our point person on the day of our wedding? Same, we have staff that will assist you pre and post.
- Can we meet them now? Yes